2020 United Way of Northeast Arkansas Chalk Art Contest Official Rules and Regulations
Procedure to Enter:
Simply draw your best picture with washable chalk and email the picture to United Way of Northeast Arkansas. There is NO FEE to enter a drawing in the contest. Email your best picture to Shaila Creekmore, Director of Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Chalk Art Contest. The email should include the artist full name, location (city and zip code), age, and the category being entered.
Who can Enter:
Residents within the United Way of Northeast Arkansas area are eligible for entry. Residents of Clay, Craighead, Cross, Greene, Jackson, Lawrence, Poinsett, Randolph and Southern Mississippi (zip codes: 72395, 72370, 72358, 72351, 72350, 72338, 72330, 72329 and 72313) counties.
Location of Contest:
The location of this contest is the driveway of your own home, neighborhood, city park or sidewalk. This is a virtual contest meaning you make your own art at a location convenient to you. Please remember to follow all local, state and federal laws and regulations and do not use any space that prohibits public art. Please do not deface any public or private property with permanent paints. Only washable chalk is allowed for this contest.
July 1, 2020 - Contest Begins - start drawing your best picture to be entered in the contest
July 27, 2020 - Final Day for entries to be submitted
August 3, 2020 - Voting Begins
August 24, 2020 - Voting Ends at Noon
August 26, 2020 - Winners Announced
YOUTH: Ages 0-6
YOUTH: Ages 7-12
YOUTH: Ages 13-17
ADULT AMATEUR: - Ages 18+ with no formal art training or experience
ADULT ARTIST: Ages 18+ with formal art training or experience
- The winners in the children and youth category will receive a gift card for Andy’s Frozen Custard. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian.
- The winners in the adult categories will win a gift card to Skinny J’s.
- If two or more entries tie for the top spot, then a 24-hour tie breaking vote would take place among those in the tie only. Those in the tie will be notified via e-mail and the vote will be announced on UWNEA’s social media.
Voting Rules and Fees:
Once an entry has been accepted and published to the website, the individual submitting the entry will be sent via email a special link to their entry. That link can be shared with family and friends for people to vote on.
- Vote price is $1 per vote. Proceeds from all voting will benefit United Way of Northeast Arkansas, a 501(c)(3).
- A person may vote as often as they wish and on as many entries as they wish to vote on. A credit/debit card will be required to cast a vote.
- Voting fees are tax deductible as allowed by law as United Way of NEA is a 501(c)(3) organization. A tax receipt will be given when you complete your voting purchase. Remember that donations up to $300 can be taken on your non-itemized 2020 tax returns.
- No credit/debit card is needed to simply view the artwork; they are only required to cast a vote.
- Entry approval or denial will be given via return email after submission.
Chalk Art Design Rules:
- Your design can be whatever you wish it to be. There is no particular theme you must follow.
- Any entries with depictions that are racist, political, cause related (excluding United Way of Northeast Arkansas), contain swearing, gang signs, sexual references, violence or depictions of violence, nudity or other offensive material or depictions will be rejected. If your entry violates any of these excluded categories, an email will be sent to the individual submitting the entry noting the specific reason for the rejection. The artist will have the ability to submit a different drawing to be considered.
- Your entry can be of any size you wish it to be as long as it can be seen entirely in one photograph.
- Props are allowed to be used in your drawing as long as they are on the ground and do not use people or animals. While props are allowed, the artwork submitted must be 90 percent or more chalk only.
- Drawings must be on the ground only. Drawings that incorporate the sides of buildings, benches, etc. will be rejected.
- Drawings must be done with washable chalk only. Brushes, rollers and aerosols may be used in the creation of your drawing provided the aerosols are environmentally safe and can be washed off using only water or rain.
- Only 1 entry allowed per individual. (A household with multiple children may submit one drawing per child)
- There is NO FEE to enter a drawing for the contest.
- Contestants must live within the United Way of Northeast Arkansas service area: Clay, Craighead, Cross, Greene, Jackson, Lawrence, Poinsett, Randolph and Southern Mississippi (zip codes: 72395, 72370, 72358, 72351, 72350, 72338, 72330, 72329 and 72313) counties.
- Entries are to be submitted by sending only one (1) photograph via email to email@example.com. The quality of the photo must be minimum 72 dpi, should be clear and visible to the viewers. Photos not of quality will be rejected.
- Entries can be submitted starting July 1, 2020.
- Last day to submit an entry is July 27, 2020.
- For youth entries only: a parent or legal guardian must provide the age of the youth submitting the picture. No last names or pictures of youth will be posted in this contest. It will simply be first name with last initial, age and city/county of residence.
- Only pictures of the art will be accepted. No photos with people or animals will be used.
- Only initial of last name will be posted of any individual submitting an entry.
- All copyrights of the chalk art and photographs belong to the chalk artist, parent or legal guardian. By submitting to the contest, United Way of Northeast Arkansas is given a license to publish the photograph in the contest, promotion of the contest, news/media reporting, promotion on social media, and displaying of the results. United Way of Northeast Arkansas is not given a license to sell any merchandise utilizing the photograph or its contents. License is for promotional purposes only.
- Once an entry is accepted, United Way of Northeast Arkansas will email acceptance or rejection to the submitting email.
- Entries will only be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copy photos will not be accepted.
- When submitting an entry; participant or legal guardian must provide the following in the email: Name of Artist, Name of Parent/Legal Guardian (Youth division only), Physical Address of Artist/Parent or Legal Guardian (no p.o. boxes allowed), City, State, Zip, Phone Number (only used to contact the artist/parent/legal guardian to notify of winning prize) and Email Address of participant. Age of participant is required for Youth divisions only.
- United Way of Northeast Arkansas will NOT sell, distribute or otherwise disseminate any personal information submitted including names, address, emails or ages of any persons participating in this contest. This includes anyone voting in the contest as well as artists, parents or legal guardians.