United Way of Northeast Arkansas, in partnership with the IRS, offers free tax filing services each year during tax season through the IRS-sponsored Volunteer Income Tax Program (VITA). IRS certified volunteers work with eligible taxpayers to assist with the preparation of basic tax returns and will electronically file those returns once they have been reviewed. United Way of Northeast Arkansas' VITA program has operated for over 10 years, offering free tax help to: People who generally make $58,000 or less; Persons with disabilities; and Limited English-speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns.
Advance Child Tax Credit:
PLEASE SEE THE FREE FILING OPTIONS BELOW:
MYFREETAXES.COM is the only free, national, online tax filing program offered by a nonprofit, because United Way fights for the financial stability of every person in every community. United Way is committed to ensuring that people can easily and accurately file their taxes for free and receive the refunds they deserve. MyFreeTaxes is mobile optimized so anyone can access MyFreeTaxes from their computer, tablet or smart phone. Most filers complete their taxes in less than an hour. MyFreeTaxes is completely free for federal and state returns. Over 1.3 million people nationwide have used MyFreeTaxes, bringing over $1.9 billion in refunds back to our local communities.
Other free filing options are available at IRS.GOV. Taxpayers may choose to file federal individual income tax returns through one of the many Free File options (some state options are available as well). These services are provided through brand-name softwares or free file fillable forms.
Documents you may need to complete your tax return:
- For married filing joint, BOTH SPOUSES MUST BE PRESENT
- Valid Photo ID for you and spouse, if filing jointly
- Social Security cards or (ITIN) for you, your spouse and dependents
- Income documents, including but not limited to W-2, 1098-T, 1099-R, 1099-MISC
- Interest and dividend statements from banks, Form 1099
- Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, Form 1095-A
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- Letter 6419-Advanced Child Tax Credit
- Information for all deductions/credits
- Total paid to childcare provider and provider’s tax ID number (social security number or business employer identification number)
- For married filing separately, spouse social security number & note of standard deduction or itemized deduction
- For direct deposit of refund - proof of account and routing numbers from bank (voided check will work)
- Copy of last year's tax return
- Notice 1444 (Economic Impact Payment total amount received)
Common out of scope situations may be found here.
Interested in Volunteering??
Check out our program video below! Volunteer FAQ can be found HERE.
Funding for the Free Tax Program (VITA) provided in part by: