United Way of Northeast Arkansas, in partnership with the IRS, offers free tax filing services each year during tax season through the IRS-sponsored Volunteer Income Tax Program (VITA). IRS certified volunteers work with eligible taxpayers to assist with the preparation of basic tax returns and will electronically file those returns once they have been reviewed.
The income limit for tax year 2020 is $57,000 or less. Our online appointment scheduler will be posted here in early January 2021--please check back if you are planning to schedule your tax appointment.
Interested in Volunteering??
Check out our program video below! Volunteer FAQ can be found HERE.
Please see free, online filing options below!
Taxpayers can file simple federal and state returns for free online using MyFreeTaxes.com! United Way has made this service available to over 1.2 million U.S. taxpayers as part of our fight for the financial stability of every person in every community.
*There is a fee for taxpayers who are self-employed. These taxpayers may file using MyFreeTaxes at a 50% discounted rate ($24.99 for federal and $18.50 for state). Self-employed taxpayers will need to use Schedule C to report all income and expenses.*
Other free filing options are available at IRS.GOV. Taxpayers may choose to file federal individual income tax returns through one of the many Free File options (some state options are available as well). These services are provided through brand-name softwares or free file fillable forms.
Documents you may need to complete your tax return:
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letters for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birthdates for you, your spouse and anyone claimed
- Income documents, including but not limited to: W-2, W-2G, 1098, 1099-R, 1099-MISC
- Interest and dividend statements from banks, form 1099-INT
- Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, Form 1095-A
- Information for all deductions/credits
- Total paid to child care provider and provider’s tax ID number (such as social security number or business employer identification number)
- For direct deposit of refund - account and routing numbers from bank
- For married filing separately, will need spouse social security number & whether they take standard or itemized deduction
Save and Win!
Participants in our free tax program had the opportunity to participate in this year's "Save and Win Contest" by saving 30% of their tax refund in any savings account! A huge congratulations to our 2020 winners! Keep saving!
Funding for the Free Tax Program (VITA) provided in part by: