United Way of Northeast Arkansas, in partnership with the IRS, offers free tax filing services each year during tax season through the IRS-sponsored Volunteer Income Tax Program (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE). IRS certified volunteers work with eligible taxpayers to assist with the preparation of basic tax returns and will electronically file those returns once they have been reviewed.
This program is designed for individuals and families with household incomes of $56,000 or less for tax year 2019.
Schedule your appointment now, taxes must be filed by April 15, 2020!
United Way of Northeast Arkansas has partnered with local and national institutions to provide access to resources to increase financial stability within our community. In addition to these resources, the following tax credits are available to eligible taxpayers (you must qualify for these credits to apply): Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, Education Credit, Job Search Expenses.
What To Bring to your Tax Appointment:
- For married filing jointly, both spouses must be present
- Valid Photo ID for you and spouse, if filing jointly
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letters for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birthdates for you, your spouse and anyone claimed
- Income documents, including but not limited to W-2, W-2G, 1098, 1099-R, 1099-MISC
- For married filing separately, will need spouse social security number & whether they take standard or itemized deduction
- Interest and dividend statements from banks, form 1099
- A copy of last year's tax return – must have to e-file
- Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, Form 1095-A
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- Information for all deductions/credits
- Total paid to child care provider and provider’s tax ID number (such as social security number or business employer identification number
- Proof of bank foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and State, if not copy of last year’s return
- For direct deposit of refund - proof of account and routing numbers from bank
Save and Win!
Participants in our free tax program will have the option to participate in this year's "Save and Win Contest" by saving 30% of their tax refund in any savings account. See official contest rules here.
Check out what it means to be a VITA volunteer! Click the video below.
You can file both your federal and state returns for free online using MyFreeTaxes.com! This is the only free, national, online tax filing product offered by a nonprofit. United Way has made it available to over 100 million U.S. taxpayers as part of our fight for the financial stability of every person in every community.
Funding for the Free Tax Program (VITA) provided in part by: